1) Role out the pastry (into a rectangle).
2) On the top half I sprinkled grated Parmesan cheese with a teeny bit of Cayenne pepper.
3) On the bottom half, I spread tomato puree, some chopped black olives, anchovies and capers
4) Fold into the middle, twice( don't forget egg wash!)
5) Cut the rolled pastry and put on a lined baking sheet
6) Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes
(NB after about 7 minutes, flatten with a palette knife, and turn, this ensures the best shaped Palmiers!)
Palmiers really need to be eaten within an hour or two of baking, but you can prepare them early in the day, pop them in the fridge, then bake them in the early evening and wow your friends with a perfectly delicious "amuse bouche".
PS I have just joined Twitter, but I am not a
|Perfect , crunchy palmiers|
|Wonderfully quick to bake|
|A rectangle of pastry|
|Fold and fold again|
|Slice and place on baking tray|
|After 7 minutes turn (and press with a knife)|
|Perfect within a minute or two of the oven!|